Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Is It Just Me or Does This Make You Sick, Too? (WITH UPDATE)

I was scrolling through my Twitter account timeline earlier tonight, when I came across this Tweet from the digital director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.




Are you kidding me?

This is what passes for appropriate campaign strategy in 2017?

Listen, if you want to raise outsourcing as a campaign issue against Joe Donnelly, go ahead.  If you want to use tactics that smack of racism in 2017, then get ready to lose and lose big.

This is not the kind of campaign tactic that's welcome in the Hoosier State or against an honorable guy like Joe Donnelly.  It's beneath the office of U.S. Senator, and it's well outside the bounds of what should be appropriate in campaigning.

I call on Todd Rokita, Luke Messer, and any other Republican Senatorial candidates to immediately condemn and disassociate themelves from this kind of campaign ploy.  Whoever dreamed up this ploy and thought it was a good idea should be relieved of their position immediately.

It's not funny or appropriate.

UPDATE
People who were at the event told me that Joe, although he is portrayed as having seen the band and to have reacted, arrived long after the band had left.  "I never even knew there was a band there (until I saw the video)," said one event goer on Facebook.

No comments: