Thursday, September 8, 2016

Commander-in-Chief Forum Lifts Clinton, Exposes Trump Flaws

I watched last night's Commander-in-Chief Forum on NBC.

You might guess which candidate I supported, but I really didn't think I would be as shocked by the forum as I was.

I thought Hillary Clinton had some bad moments early.  She was on the defensive about her e-mail and classified information scandal for the first 10 minutes of the show.  After that, she was able to make a strong transition to her plans for the military and for counterterrorism.  She also scored points with me for simply knowing that September is suicide prevention month and that it is a key issue with our veterans when they came home.

When Trump came on the stage, I was shocked by how unprepared he seemed to be for the forum.  He still doesn't have a cogent answer on why he's qualified to serve as Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.  Trump contradicted himself constantly and failed to answer many questions to the degree that they should have been answered.  When confronted on Russia, Trump tried to play it both ways.

One moment, Trump was criticizing President Obama for not following the recommendation of the experts. This came moments after he had just said he plans to convene experts on terrorism and dealing with ISIS and only go with their plan if he liked it.  He said he wants to be unpredictable.

In shot, last night's forum was a mess.  The Trump campaign can't be happy with the way it went.  In this bizarro world, the forum went so badly for Trump that it probably will give him a boost in the polls.

I have no clue how any sentient being can watch that forum last night and vote for Donald Trump.

No comments: