Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Thank YOU

It's been a week since Election Day, and I've had time to reflect.

First of all, while I learned a lot as a candidate, I'm very content to be back to blogging.  Political analysis is my thing.  I'm glad to be back to doing it again.

My election loss to Jason Holliday hurt, but I'm proud of my run.  I know I exceeded both my expectations and those of the Marion County Democratic Party, so I feel very appreciative of all the voters that gave me a look and voted my way.  We received 1,760 votes and 38.24 percent of the vote.  I'm extremely pleased with that showing.

I also appreciate all of those that volunteered for the campaign, made phone calls on my behalf, gave me great advice, passed out literature, knocked doors, donated, or supported my candidacy.  You have no idea what that means to me.

On a personal note, I enjoyed the role as a candidate because it gave me a chance to talk to people about their neighborhoods and their needs.  I learned a ton about my community, and I know that will make me a better advocate for this city and its citizens.  I'm not stopping my involvement in politics, and, given the right conditions, I might run again for office.  It won't be in 2016 though.

So, congratulations to all my friends that won.  I'm proud of all my friends that didn't win but gave a good fight.  Thank you for putting your name on the ballot.  It was a pleasure to have my name alongside of all of yours.

I'm of course very proud of my friend Joe Hogsett.  Here's to a great four years for our city and our community with you as the leader, Joe.  I know you'll be the best Mayor we've had, and the bar has been set high

I am going to take a few days off from the blog.  I'll be back in a few days or as news breaks.

1 comment:

Rick said...

It is time for an apology to proponents of 2013 Senate Bill 621. Your friend, Joe Hogsett, will have an easier time of it because SB621 was enacted.
SB621 caused some politicians to lose their jobs. County taxpayers will be better served when they pay for Mayor Hogsett’s 150 police officers instead of self-absorbed politicians. Democrats still control the City-County Council.

Mayor Hogsett said “We are all one city.” He has that point right.