Monday, June 1, 2015

Mick Would Go Walkabout

In the movie Crocodile Dundee, Mick talks about going walkabout.

The Urban Dictionary has written the definition, too.

A spontaneous journey through the wilderness of one's choosing in an effort to satisfy one's itchy feet, a need to be elsewhere, the craving for the open road, that space over the horizon...yes... something like that... you can't quite touch it so you have to go find it because it's you just know it's there...Or maybe it just feels good to go walking around ... Yeah. It's WALKABOUT.
Now, I'm not on a spiritual journey or planning on living in the wilderness like a real walkabout, but I think that about explains it.  It's time for me to decompress a bit.  Let the stress roll away, and, while this blog isn't stressful, I do strive to do good work here.  I need to take a break from the daily posting schedule for a few weeks.

Now, you won't catch me in yoga poses (sorry for the vivid image), and  I will be posting. I'll also be doing lots of other things that will take my attention away from posting.

Will you notice any difference?  Maybe not.  The quality will likely go up if I am not posting daily.  That means that I'll be posting when I want to post this month or when something happens that I feel I need to post.  Posts may also not happen at midnight.  I may just decide to post something whenever.

Later this month, I'll go visit my brother and his wife in Tennessee, but I'll mostly be sticking around the homestead.  Make sure you follow me on Twitter for the latest updates to the blog at johnnystir.

Thanks for your patience and your readership.  One of my favorite songs...

No comments: