Sunday, May 3, 2015

Personal Prerogative: After Tuesday, My Race is ON!

Candidate Jon Easter
I clean up pretty well...
Tuesday's a big day for me.  It's the first time I've faced the primary voters.

When I ran for Decatur Township Advisory Board back in 2008, I was named to the ballot to fill a vacancy in June.  This time, I filed my exploratory committee in June of last year for City-County Council.

So far, my only advice is to take advantage of that exploratory time.  I didn't do much when I was an exploratory committee that I wish I would have done now.  I've been scrambling a bit since declaring myself a candidate.

On Sunday, I went to the Marion County Clerk's Office, and I voted.  It was surreal to see my name on that ballot and exciting at the same time.  I know all candidates probably feel that way no matter how many times they do it.

Come Tuesday, the race will be on.  Again, you won't see any difference on the blog.  That was a condition of me running for this office.  I told Chairman Miller that I had to be me, and I'm trying.  I can't run from what I've written here, and I am proud of it unless I've had to apologize for it.

Let the next part of my candidacy begin!

No comments: