Friday, April 24, 2015

Bayh Tantalizes Dems with "An Important Announcement" E-mail

Hillary Clinton and Evan Bayh
Yesterday, Democrats around the state received an e-mail from Evan Bayh with the subject line, "An important announcement."

As I waited for the e-mail to load on my phone, I anticipated what it might be.  Perhaps the former Senator had reconsidered his refusals from last month and was running for Governor or for Senator.  It's the only kind of "important announcement" I could think of from Bayh.

Finally, the announcement opened up, and it started out well.  Bayh wrote, "Earlier this month, Hillary Clinton formally announced her campaign to be our next President.  Now it's time to make an announcement of my own."

The announcement?  "She has my full support, I’ll do everything I can to help her, and I hope you will, too."

I have to admit, I was a little underwhelmed.  Kind of like this...(mild language)



Visions of retaking the Governor's Office and two Democrats in the Senate seats danced in my head until the let down.  As my friend Dan Foreman pointed out, a fundraising ploy from a man with millions of campaign cash in the bank kind of fell flat, too.

One thing's for sure...Bayh has to be in the VEEP derby if Hillary is the nominee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only two people who think Bayh is the VP mix are you and Bayh. Maybe Susan on a good day. He's got the personality of shriveled up piece of wallpaper. They already say Hillary is too robotic, they aren't going to add Bayh to make a pair