Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Thoughts on Justin Moed

Rep. Justin Moed
I've already fielded a couple of calls from folks asking me what I think about the allegations reported by WISH-TV's Jim Shella regarding my friend Justin Moed today, and I'll be honest.  I'm as shocked as anyone.  It's one I never saw coming.

I don't know the extent of the story beyond what has been reported and what I read online.  I'm sure more will come out as time goes along, and I think it's important to hear all sides.  I'm not defending anyone or anything or passing judgement.

What I do know is this.  Justin Moed has been a capable, caring, and excellent representative for District 97.  He's one of the nicest guys in the House...ask anyone. He has worked very hard to get things done for his district even in a climate that should have worked against him politically with the political realities of the Republican supermajority, and he has gotten results.

I have nothing but concern right now for my friend and his well being.  I hope that he understands that there are people out here thinking about him.

As I have done in the past, I won't be taking comments on this one.

UPDATE:
According to Indy Politics, Moed has apologized.