Thursday, February 5, 2015

Where Do We Go From Here...What Happens to the Blog?

Some people may be surprised that I took a position on District 1, and that's fine.  I'm sure it probably cost me some friends and some favors down the line.  I could have easily said nothing, and that may have been the right thing to do.

That's just not me.

Let me be very clear.  Whatever slate or selected candidates come out of the chute on Saturday morning, I will be supporting that slate.  If anyone decides to go against the slate, I will cover the race from a journalistic standpoint and continue to provide feedback and political analysis, but I will support the slate.

I have built this blog for seven years, and I'm going to continue it.  I can't run from it or anything that I've written on it over the last seven years.  It was one of the concerns I had about running, but I will continue to give honest opinion, strong analysis, and a perspective from the left of the political spectrum here in Marion County.  It's what you have come to expect as a reader since 2008.

The City-County Council race is something I will be a part of in 2015, and I'm looking forward to it.  It's going to be on the front burner, so I can't ignore the fight for control of the Council.

Let's just get one thing straight so there's no misunderstanding.  Please understand that what I write here does not represent anyone's opinion but my own.  Take it for what it's worth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope your endorsement of Councilor Mansfield influences those voting at slating. She has worked tirelessly on behalf of her constituents. While I may not always agree with her votes on policies, she can articulate and defend her positions well. She has shown herself willing to change her position based on new information she had previously not been aware of. Slating attendees need to consider who is best for the office based on history and qualifications. The ill thought out decision of Robinson to run in her district should signal his inability to understand the "big picture" when it comes to making important decisisons.