Thursday, June 12, 2014

Turn and Face the Strange...Ch-Ch-Changes

The only thing constant in life is change.

We've heard that statement so many times over the years that it has almost become cliche, but it remains true.  Life changes, and it's going to change until you no longer have life to live.  Hopefully, for all of us, that time is a long way off.  I have decided to make some changes in my life, and that will require me to make some changes in how I live it.  

First thing's first.  If you don't already know, I'm running for City-County Council in District 20.  Right now, I've just opened an exploratory committee, but I hope to change it into a campaign committee.  This district is, by registration, heavily Republican, but I'm not going to let that deter me.  There are many important issues in this city that I talk about quite often on this blog that aren't going away.  It's too important to just sit by on the sidelines anymore.  That's why I decided to run.

So, now the changes.

As far as this blog is concerned, you probably won't notice much of a change.  Perhaps I might miss a day here or there with a post if I'm extremely busy or perhaps down the line I may need to adjust the publishing schedule.  I just don't see any reason or need to shut down the blog or stop it at this point, and I think that would not be a good situation for me.  I enjoy writing, and this is a definite outlet for me.  It's my stress relief.  As far as it being potentially damaging to my campaign,  I have over six years now of opinions out here in internet land.  It's not like stopping the blog and deleting it from existence is going to stop anyone from knowing where I stand on things.

One thing I will be stopping, as I announced on Monday, is the JohnnyStir Show on IndianaTalks.com.  While the show has been an absolute blast to do, and I really enjoy it.  I need some flexibility on Mondays back, and that's tough to do when I have to be home at my computer by 9:00 p.m. on Monday nights.  With City-County Council meetings and other community meetings on Monday nights and a lack of other nights that I can can commit to doing the show, it's best to end it at this point.  I'm grateful to Gary Snyder and everyone at IndianaTalks.com for their support and the opportunity to do my show my way.  The show will end July 28.

So that brings everyone up-to-date.  This blog is not going anywhere.  I thank each and every one of my readers, and I appreciate all the comments, both positive and negative, I get from you.  You're all coming with me on my City-County Council campaign journey, too.  It's going to be a fun ride.

As David Bowie once said, "Turn and face the strange, ch-ch-changes!"  Here we go.

No comments: