Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Call to Convention Also a Call to Arms in Fort Wayne for GOP

Republican Delegates and Convention Attendees
Can Pack Heat!
You know, I've attended five Indiana Democratic Party Conventions now, and I've never once said to myself...I think I want to carry a gun.

When Republicans convene in Fort Wayne this weekend, some will be packing heat while they adopt their platform and nominate their state ticket.

The Grand Wayne Convention Center said late last month that it's up to the Indiana Republican Party if it wishes to allow its delegates and attendees of its convention to carry firearms...and now the Republicans said, "Yes!"

A contentious fight for Treasurer of State with three candidates and a platform plank fight over marriage equality...what could go wrong?  In all likelihood, nothing will go wrong, and a few good, law-abiding citizens will get to carry their guns in public in some sort of show of something or other.  Good for them.  I hope they enjoy it.  It just doesn't make much sense to me.  It seems like an unhealthy obsession between firearm and firearm owner here in the Hoosier State.

Then again, while I support the Second Amendment, I don't think like a Republican.

No comments: