Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Sarcasm Cup Runneth Over

Since the House Judiciary Committee failed to act on the marriage amendment yesterday and because I care about traditional marriage and ending the moral decay of our society, I'd like to announce that I will begin an effort to ban all divorce in Indiana.

That's right.  No more divorce.  Divorce is the biggest danger to marriage we have today.  As a Hoosier, I believe that we should codify this permanently in our great Indiana State Constitution.

My resolution will read, "All unions legally defined as marriages in the state of Indiana shall be deemed as marriages for the life of the parties joined in marriage.  On the death of one of the parties of the marriage, the other party shall be allowed to remarry."

I know that I will meet great resistance to this, so that's why I've decided to file a companion bill to clarify the legislative intent of my resolution.

My bill would be entitled the defense to the defense of marriage amendment.  In there, it would make exceptions for mental and physical abuse, irreconcilable differences, infidelity, and anything else that could cause the dissolution of a marriage.

Of course, my sarcasm is running wild here, but is my fake quest to end divorce any sillier than the quest to prevent anything other than man-woman marriage in Indiana...when it's already the law of the land?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME SAUCE!!!!