Monday, January 27, 2014

HJR-3 Goes To Full House Today

Today is the big day.

Coming off a night that saw 34 couples (same and opposite gender) get married on the Grammy's while Macklemore, Ryan Lewis, and Mary Lambert performed their hit "Same Love", Indiana lawmakers are expected to go to work and hear on Second Reading, HJR-3.

Your guess is as good as mine as to whether it will pass or not.  At last count, the IndyStar placed it at 38 yes votes and 38 no votes.  The rest wouldn't comment or said they were undecided.

My State Representative, Bob Behning, is planning on voting for HJR-3.  I just want to thank him publicly for considering me a second-class citizen.  I hope that none of your other colleagues take that as truth and instead realize it's sarcasm.

I'll be good and trust the process.  HJR-3 must be defeated for my friends that have taken the steps to be married.  I am not sure that I can stay nice if this extends on out to November.  Not sure, as Motormouth Maybelle said in Hairspray that I'm ready for "a whole lotta ugly comin' at you from a neverending parade of stupid."

Whatever happens, the fight isn't over.  It takes a minute to go to FreedomIndiana.org and find out how you can get your last minute calls and e-mails through to the Indiana General Assembly.

It's all just the same love.



Whatever happens, I will still be a Hoosier at the end of the day.  If this passes or if it fails, the fight will still go on for equality.  It doesn't stop here.

No comments: