Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Judy O'Bannon to Remarry

Willsey and O'Bannon Celebrate
After Getting Their Marriage License
Photo by Zach Adamson from Facebook
In case you missed the Indianapolis Star article from last week, former Indiana First Lady Judy O'Bannon will remarry on November 29.  The ageless widow to the late Frank O'Bannon will marry 84-year-old attorney Donald Willsey in Harrison County.

O'Bannon, who lost her husband to a stroke in 2003 after 48 years of marriage, remains incredibly popular across the political spectrum.  Willsey lost his wife of 53 years a few years back to cancer.

I know firsthand how lonely it can be for someone that has lost a spouse.  I have watched my mother struggle through the loss of my father, and I watched my grandmother struggle too for years after my grandfather passed.  It's brutal.  Hopefully, Willsey and O'Bannon's decision to marry will serve as a role model for other couples that think you can't do it after a certain age.

I'm happy that both of these great people have found love again.  I highly recommend the Star article if you get a chance to read it.

I would like to wish O'Bannon and Willsey the best!

No comments: