Thursday, November 21, 2013

Donnelly Donates Shutdown Pay to Put Food on Hoosier Tables

Joe Donnelly has exceeded my expectations by any measure as a U.S. Senator so far.  I am more proud today of the vote I cast in 2012 for him than I was on the day I cast it.  You can't always say that with politicians.

All it takes is a look into the other U.S. Senator from Indiana's Office to see what a divisive and rudderless leader looks like but back to Donnelly.

We are getting close to the Thanksgiving Holiday.  Senator Donnelly has found a way to make the government shutdown work for 10 food banks across Indiana.  He donated the $5000 he would have earned during the government shutdown to the food banks across Indiana.  They each received checks for $500 from the Senator.

Did I mention how proud I am of my Senator?

No comments: