Monday, October 7, 2013

JohnnyStir Show Preview and More on Rokita

Carson
Later tonight on the JohnnyStir Show, I'll have a big time lineup of guests.  Besides my regulars, Matt Stone and Chris Jackson in the Monday Agenda, I'll be joined by two legislators.

Congressman Andr√© Carson will call-in about 9:00 p.m. from Washington, and I'm sure we'll get around to talking about the latest efforts to get through this government shutdown.  Following that, I'll talk to State Representative Karlee Macer about how Hoosiers are being affected by the shutdown in Washington.

Feel free to join in at 9:00 p.m. on www.indianatalks.com or just see the link in the
sidebar of the blog.

More on Rokita:
When I wrote my blog post on Todd Rokita for Friday, I was unaware of the exchange that happened between him and Carol Costello of CNN.  I'm sure you've seen the video by now.  If not, see below...



Rokita and other Republicans don't like to be questioned by someone taking the opposite position.  Sometimes that's what journalists do.  They take the opposite side in order to question someone's position on an issue.  Tim Russert made a career out of it, and few questioned him.

As far as the finish to the interview where he unleashed the "beautiful" comment...it wasn't Rokita's finest moment.  It's never appropriate to do that to a journalist.  I doubt if he would have told Anderson Cooper he was handsome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If he is going to use a diversionary tactic, at least use one that's not so pathetic and condescending. Or how about this? Stick to the real issue, how to resolve this government shutdown.