Sunday, August 25, 2013

Monday's BIG JohnnyStir Show on IndianaTalks.com

I'm extremely excited about my radio show on Monday Night.  I have two great causes that you can help with.

First of all, Allyson Shaw joins me from the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund.  The VVMF has been trying to gather 58,286 pictures of the veterans enshrined on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall in Washington, D.C.  Once I heard about this project, it made me think of a young man that would become a soldier that my father had in class when he was a middle school teacher.  That young man, David C. Kays, was killed in Vietnam in 1970.  I will never forget being with my father about 20 years ago at the Wall.  You can find out more about the project at www.vvmf.org.

The second segment of the show will deal with something not entirely different.  A group of Muncie-based filmmakers are going on a journey soon, and they need your help.  Their effort is called Project Manifest Destiny: A Search for U.S.  Turner Fair, the filmmaker, will join me.  Below is a trailer they have made for Kickstarter.



Then, to close the show out, we'll bring in my closer...Matt Stone of the Indy Student Blog.  We'll talk about all the craziness that has been this past week on the Indy City-County Council.

Make sure you tune in at 9:00 p.m. on IndianaTalks.com.

No comments: