Sunday, July 28, 2013

Aslan Owns Fox News Anchor

Reza Aslan
Reza Aslan just appeared on Real Time with Bill Maher on Friday Night, and I was impressed with him.  He's smart, funny, and was an excellent panelist on the show.

He's written a book about Jesus Christ, and he is Muslim.  That's about as far as the Fox News anchor in this clip got.  Aslan came loaded for battle though in this one-sided smack down of Lauren Green on Fox News' program "Spirited Debate".

Nothing debatable about this.  Lauren did little preparation for a religious scholar.  Aslan was much more calm than I would have been.

Here is a link to the video.  I can't get it to successfully embed.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to know a little digging has turned up that he does not have a PHD in history of religion or that he even teaches history of religion.

Jon Easter said...

Hmm...that's not what I saw when I looked up his credentials.

Anonymous said...

Here are 2 links that show he has degrees but not a PHD. The second link is his own website that says nothing about a PHD in religious history. Where did you see his credentials that said he has a PHD?


http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/firstthoughts/2013/07/29/scholarly-misrepresentation/

http://rezaaslan.com/about/

Greg Purvis said...

After seeing the idiot Fox interview, I bought the book for my Kindle, just so I could judge for myself. The only person in that interview with a visible agenda was the Fox interviewer, with whom I was annoyed from the start. She would never let him say what the book was about. VERY bad interview.

Cecilia said...

Great!