Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Some Humor Out of Humorless Situation

Honestly, I feel like I've been mindblown.  I can't follow up the events of last night with blog post of any magnitude.  It's very rare that I am rendered speechless.

After the Indiana Senate Debate last night, I think that the race is turning towards Joe Donnelly.  I will be interested to see how the comments that came out of Richard Mourdock's mouth about rape and life resulting from that heinous act will be viewed.  I have already seen a great backlash in social media realms, and the opinion on YouTube of the video seems to say that Mourdock's views are well outside the mainstream.

Unbelievably, I did recover something from the debate that might be been chuckle-worthy.  It requires a little set-up.  At one point in the debate, Andy Horning, who I feel won the debate after Mourdock's train derailed and exploded in a nuclear fashion, praised Richard Mourdock (before his controversial comments) saying that there might be hope for him if he would just join the Libertarian Party.  It was a funny line.  Well, Chris Spangle, the Executive Director of the Indiana Libertarian Party, sent out this photo after the debate.


Quite clever, I think.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am voting against ALL politicians that feel the need to justify themselves and their policies by invoking God. I like our secular government and reject the zealots that seem determined to turn our government into a theocracy modeled on Iran.