Wednesday, October 10, 2012

New Poll Shows More Problems for Mourdock

Richard Mourdock
A Republican poll shows Richard Mourdock is up three points on Congressman Joe Donnelly in the race for U.S. Senate.

This is yet another poll that shows pretty much a dead heat for the U.S. Senate race in Indiana.  This particular poll, done by McLaughlin and Associates, has a margin of error of plus or minus four points.

Joe Donnelly
The problem for Mourdock...Republicans had a 10 percent advantage in the number of respondents polled.  Forty three percent of the people polled were Republicans and 33 percent were Democrats.  The rest of the 600 likely voters polled considered themselves as independents.  This means that even a poll with a larger Republican sample size shows that Mourdock isn't even covering that spread.  This has to concern the GOP and its nominee for U.S. Senate.

Andy Horning
This also jives with what I'm hearing on the ground.  Just Monday night, I was in a conversation with a lifelong Republican.  She told me that she would not be voting for Mourdock.  "I just can't stand (him), so I'm scratching and voting for Donnelly," she told me.

If this poll is accurate, it looks like lots of Republicans may have the same sentiment.  Andy Horning could make a BIG difference in this race, too.

2 comments:

HOOSIERS FOR FAIR TAX said...

I predict that Andy Horning will make enough of a difference that Mourdock will lose.

I also predict Gary Johnson will make enough of a difference that Romney will lose.

Anonymous said...

I have voted Republican all of my life and I plan to vote for Donnelly. Likely several other Democrats too. I don't like the direction of the Republican party running as far right as they can, it needs to be held in check.