Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Donnelly Issues Strong Response to Mourdock Rape Comments

Joe Donnelly

Joe Donnelly released the following statement after the comments by Richard Mourdock at the final Indiana Senate Debate tonight.

Today, Joe Donnelly, candidate for U.S. Senate, released the following statement in regards to Richard Mourdock’s comment regarding rape in the debate this evening. 
"I think rape is a heinous and violent crime in every instance,” said Donnelly. “The God I believe in and the God I know most Hoosiers believe in, does not intend for rape to happen--ever. What Mr. Mourdock said is shocking, and it is stunning that he would be so disrespectful to survivors of rape." 
When asked about the three candidates’ shared pro-life stances, Mourdock said, "I've struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from god. And even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen." 

No comments: