Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chevy Doesn't Run That Deep for Mourdock

I had seen this ad for Richard Mourdock many times, but I only noticed something I had previously overlooked just today.  See if you can see what I might have overlooked.



Besides his stretch claim that he made government "accountable and efficient" (as Indiana Treasurer??) in the ad I noticed that Mourdock decided to use a Chevrolet Malibu in the ad.  I have one just like it.  Similar color and everything.  It's a great car.  There's one thing missing from the car.  THE CHEVY BOWTIE.

Here's my car.




See it?  Mourdock's version of my car is definitely missing its Chevy Bowtie.

If he was just removing a recognizable logo on the car in the ad, then why do logos for Ford, John Deere and Dodge Ram appear in Mourdock's "Choice" ad as shown by these screen caps...

Cute girls but check that logo to the right

Nice John Deere Sir
Have You Seen My Campaign?

Looks like the Mourdock camp may have made a conscious decision to perhaps use a Chevy and then airbrush out the logo.  Now why would they do that?  HMMMMMM....

2 comments:

Paul K. Ogden said...

There may have been an overblown concern there was some sort of trademark violation if it was shown in the ad. But it's not a violation. Just because a logo appears in an advertisement doesn't make it a violation. The question is whether the very brief appearance of the logo would imply to the average person that Chevy is somehow endorsing Mourdock's campaign. That would be a stretch to say the least.

It's a good observation though.

Anonymous said...

Pure conjecture. Very poor.