Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Moment to Vent

Yours Truly
Photo by Wilson Allen
This post is personal, and I'm going to talk around some things here.  For those of you that I know personally, you will know what this is about.  For others, it may seem like I'm dancing around an issue.  That's ok.  I just want to let you, my readers, know why I feel I haven't been on top of my game here on the blog for the last few weeks.

It's nothing overly serious, honestly.  There's just been a lot going on in my family life.  Much of it isn't pleasant.  A lot of it doesn't need to be printed here on the internet for consumption of others.  I had an "emo moment" and I posted a bit about it last night on Facebook only to take down the post nearly immediately after it went up.

I've just found out a lot about family over these last few weeks, and I have had to redefine my relationship with some folks that I had kind of written off and others that I thought I could count on.  Things have been strained and difficult on one hand, but they have been rewarding and strangely good on another.  It's all foreign to me, and I now know I'm no different than many of you that have to deal with these issues or worse in your own families.

I think through all of this, the blog has suffered though.  When I started this blog, I wanted it to be an outlet for the political creature that I am.  It has provided that function in my life now for over four years.  I am proud of this blog, and I'm proud of what I write.  It's also humbling to hear so many people say they enjoy what I write.  It's also fine when we disagree.  I appreciate the haters, too.

After four years, I'm still committed to this blog, and I enjoy writing it.  It's just that politics hasn't been as close to the top of my mind as it used to be.  I apologize if the product here ha suffered at all.  I'm going to do some heavy lifting and move some things around in my brain and try to get rededicated to blogging especially as this important election season comes to a close.

I've made the decision that there are some things in life you just can't control.  The only thing you can control is yourself.  It's so cliche, and it's so overly simple, but it is fact.  We make decisions, and we are held accountable for them.  I can only make my own decisions, and I cannot control the way others think or feel.  Each of us lives with our own decisions and their consequences.

So, with that off my chest, I'm ready to get back to writing here and doing a better job.  I hope that this is all a shock to you to find out and that you didn't notice the blog product slipping, but I sure did.  I'm sorry.

As always, even if you disagree with me, thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: