Friday, August 24, 2012

Wacko Texas Judge Says Civil War Possible if Obama Reelected

It seems like every day I read a comment that’s more and more ludicrous and out-of-line about President Obama and his electoral fortunes in November. 

This one, however, may take the cake.

In the State of Texas, where Governor Rick Perry famously advocated secession a few years back, Judge Tom Head, a Lubbock County Judge, said that there might be civil war if the President is reelected.

To put it into texting terms: SRSLY?

Judge Head, who clearly didn’t use his when he gave the comments, told a local Lubbock TV station:

"He's going to try to hand over the sovereignty of the United States to the U.N., and what is going to happen when that happens?" 
"I'm thinking the worst. Civil unrest, civil disobedience, civil war maybe. And we're not just talking a few riots here and demonstrations, we're talking Lexington, Concord, take up arms and get rid of the guy. 
"Now what's going to happen if we do that, if the public decides to do that? He's going to send in U.N. troops. I don't want 'em in Lubbock County. OK. So I'm going to stand in front of their armored personnel carrier and say 'you're not coming in here'. 
"And the sheriff, I've already asked him, I said 'you gonna back me' he said, 'yeah, I'll back you'. Well, I don't want a bunch of rookies back there. I want trained, equipped, seasoned veteran officers to back me."


The Sheriff of Lubbock County denied that there had been any such discussion.

This is way beyond free speech, in my view. This is crazy dream sequence stuff. Of course President Obama isn’t going to hand over the United States to the United Nations. That’s ludicrous, ridiculous, and, frankly, scandalous to suggest.

Later, the judge tried to backtrack saying his comments were simply taken out of context and that he was keeping the “worst case scenario” in mind.

To me, this is a “no case scenario” because it’s not going to happen. PERIOD. If it did happen, we’d likely have bigger concerns than raising taxes in Lubbock County for more sheriff’s deputies.

Sad thing is, there’s some knucklehead out there, perhaps reading this blog right now, that believes everything Judge Head told that TV station. It’s inciteful, dangerous rhetoric like this that is just not welcome in our current charged political atmosphere.

This judge should make a case for a tax increase on its own merits and not use some silly harebrained scheme he dreamed up to foster feelings of fear and discord in his constituents.

Stories like these make me think that pretty much the only things that come from Texas these days are steers and crazy politicians.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only they would secede!!! Please.