Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Operation Chaos 2.0?

I won't be surprised if the race between Richard Mourdock and Richard Lugar seems a big closer than the polling data tonight.

An informal sampling of Facebook friends would seem to show that many Democrats may have become Republicans today to vote for Senator Richard Lugar and play in the Republican Primary.  This could not only have ramifications beyond the Senate race, but it could hurt some Democrats down the ballot.

When I voted this morning, I was nearly handed a Republican ballot, but the Democratic clerk caught the Republican clerk's mistake before the ballot was given to me.  I did not cross over, and, as a Democrat, I fought the real urge to do so.  That doesn't mean that I didn't really consider it for a few seconds.  Knowing the Democratic clerk at the polling site as well as I do, she probably would have slapped me.

Anyway, that should make things interesting tonight.  We'll see if it's Operation Chaos 2.0.

No comments: