Sunday, December 18, 2011

Parker Releases Thoughts on Chairmanship

Dan Parker is still the Indiana Democratic Party Chair. It's created a great deal of controversy online.

Yesterday, Parker sent out this news release regarding his decision to continue to serve as party chair.

Dear Jon,

This morning, I informed the State Central Committee that I will serve as State Chair for the remainder of my term.

I made this decision after a week of conversations with our party leaders, elected officials and candidates, many of whom asked me to reconsider my initial decision to step down from the post.

As a loyal, lifelong Democrat, I took their input to heart, and I’m honored to continue in your service.

Victory next year depends on party unity. We must remain focused on challenging our Republican opponents and electing candidates who will fight for hard-working Hoosiers and our core values.

The Indiana GOP is fractured, defending new Daniels administration scandals at every turn and engaging in fierce, destructive primary challenges.

Over the past seven years, we’ve built a party structure that’s the envy of other states – with a professional staff, statewide networking, modern outreach and unparalleled voter activation.

And we’ve worked hard to build consensus support for U.S. Rep. Joe Donnelly and former Indiana House Speaker John Gregg in their 2012 bids for statewide office.

Those will continue to be our priorities moving forward, and I hope we can count on your support to make sure next year is a successful one.

I look forward to working with you.

Democratically yours,

Daniel J. Parker
Chair

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must admit that I am confused. I have heard from several people that another candidate had the votes but Parker used a parliamentary procedure to remain. I have heard of no party leaders begging him to stay. I wonder where the true story is.