Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dan Wheldon (1978-2011)


Two-time Indianapolis 500 Champion, Dan Wheldon, passed away after being in a horrifying 13-car accident at Las Vegas Motor Speedway today.

Dan Wheldon loved going fast. He was a man of fashion and class. His marriage and subsequent fatherhood mellowed him a bit, but he still charged hard on the track with skill and excellence. He was focused and driven, but he was always affable and classy with the media and with his fans. Dan knew the risks, and he died going fast.

I love IndyCar racing. I always have. It's one of my most favorite things in the world to watch and follow as a fan, but today, my heart is as broken as it can be over something like this. My thoughts and prayers are with his wife, Susie, and sons, Sebastian and Oliver.

No comments: