Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Testy Testy at Park Indy


This weekend, I retweeted a tweet from Matt Tully, the Indianapolis Star writer. His tweet was in regards to a parking meter purchase. It read:

Line item on my credit card statement: 25 cents for "ParkIndy Meter Fee, San Diego CA."


So, I get back this tweet from @parkindy. To me, it sounds like someone is just a LITTLE defensive.

Our credit card processor and manufacturer for the single space meters are one in the same. And HQd in San Diego.


Come to find out, I was not the only one to get tweeted by Park Indy. A few candidates for City-County Council that picked up my retweet also were tweeted. I also saw another friend of mine had a similar tweet from the organization.

Not sure the answer helped disprove the point which is that the meter deal gives our parking dollars to an out of state company.

What do I make out of all this? I don't know. Clearly someone is paying attention to Twitter, though, at Park Indy.

1 comment:

Paul K. Ogden said...

I'm sure you've seen my latest post. It's a 30-70 split on revenue, 30% for the City. And they have it set up so we'll never hit the threshold so that it will become 60-40 in favor of the City.

Everyone who voted for that atrocity should be run out of town.