Saturday, August 27, 2011

Officer Shot In Drive-by


I'm sure you've heard by now that Officer Dustin Carmack was shot in the hip in a shooting last night on the Westside.

I first heard about this last night, but this is my first chance to send my thoughts and prayers to Officer Carmack for a full and complete recovery. The officer is listed in good condition, according to the Indianapolis Star, and that's the best news one can hear, given the circumstances.

This story is being repeated too often in this city. I will stop short of being political, but does it really feel like crime is down here? Two officers just this year have been shot. Officer David Moore succumbed to his injuries.

To all the readers in blue and to all the public safety officials in general, my hat's off to you for what you do each and every day in this city. You make Indianapolis a livable place by keeping us safe.

Again, my best to Officer Carmack.

No comments: