Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Indiana's 4th District Left Without Representation: Rogue Rokita


Todd Rokita is blunt. Sometimes, though, it seems that he may have been smoking one before interviews. This one, however, takes the cake.

On ABC’s Top Line, Rokita gave a perplexing awkward interview that said he basically wasn't concerned about today's problem of meeting our country's obligations to our seniors and military. Instead, he's looking down the road. The quote was, brace yourself, one of the most arrogant things I've ever heard from a politician. Here it is.
“I don't know anything more piggish -- I don't know anything more un-American than saying, ‘Oh, I'm worried about my own little handout or my own little program or my own little economy and we'll kick this can down the road and let some future generation deal with it.”


Mr. Rokita clearly doesn't understand that there are millions of seniors and others that depend on those checks from the government. They aren't un-American. They aren't piggish. These are the people that built the country you now claim to represent, today.

Mr. Rokita, who the heck are you to say these people are piggish or un-American? The only thing piggish or un-American is adhering so strictly to your political ideology that you would rather starve seniors than solve this problem and work on a long term solution. This is not about you. This is about our nation. This is about solving a debt crisis for today and working to make sure it doesn't happen tomorrow.

Beyond his completely crazy comments about our seniors, Rokita also admitted that he does not serve his constituents. The votes that he has taken so far in Congress are for some future group of people that may or may not exist yet. Sorry 4th District, looks like your Representative went out the door in January…and that was Steve Buyer.

A friend of mine has told me that Todd Rokita was a much different person when he was a student at Wabash College. That Todd Rokita was someone who was much more of a liberal version of the one we see now. Makes you wonder if Rokita has put aside his core views in favor of an ideology that will get him elected in the “No Republican Left Behind” 4th District.

I digress. If you want to watch the entire interview, click below. And, by the way, I had to take a lot of strong language out of this post before it was published. I realized that an empty suit like Todd Rokita isn't worth an "F-bomb" or taking my blog out of the "family friendly" realm. I hope you're proud 4th District!

2 comments:

Paul K. Ogden said...

I can see someone not agreeing with Todd Rokita. But you are the first one I've ever heard him described as an "empty suit." He can't be an empty suit and you complain about wrongly held beliefs that he asserts strongly. Those two don't go hand in hand.

If you look up a dictionary definition of an empty suit, you'd see a picture of Evan Bayh, a man with no storngly held opinions.

Jon E. Easter said...

Perhaps you're right. I call him an empty suit because there's nothing there but his beliefs. He has no interest in solving a problem...just pushing ideology.

Sad.