Monday, May 2, 2011

Pat Andrews Puts Up Cable Ad

Challenging the slate is something that few have recently done successfully, but you have to give Pat Andrews credit for trying hard.

The other night, I was watching a late-night episode of the Colbert Report, and this popped on my screen. Sure, the ad is clearly locally shot, but it drives home in 30 seconds Andrews' basic platform. There has also been some thought that's gone in to the ad as well to have the "neighbors," who are real people (because I know a couple of them) in the ad.



Since the first viewing, I've seen the ad a few more times. Andrews is clearly saying, "game on" here. I'm not sure if it will work or not, but it looks like the Andrews folks are trying hard to win that Council seat. I still think the power of the slate is hard to beat. Then again, Andrews isn't your normal candidate that challenges the slate.

No comments: