Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lions and Tigers and Bears: Abdul's Done It Again


Ok, I try not to write about it, but I just can't help myself. It's like fish in a barrel. Abdul's probably making s*#t up...AGAIN.

This time, he's spreading the rumor that Melina Kennedy is in some sort of feud with Ed Treacy over who she hired as her campaign manager. Again, as far as I can tell, this is total bull. Complete and total.

I sat at Len Farber's Fundraiser at the end of March at the SAME TABLE with Melina Kennedy and Ed Treacy well after she hired Nick Buis as her campaign manager (Abdul says the feud's because she didn't hire Adam Kirsch), and the Chair and Melina had more than a pleasant conversation. Much of which I said I wouldn't put out because it was inside strategy stuff.

Unlike Abdul, I try to back up my stuff with facts. In case you doubt my story, I found this picture from the event on my friend Jyoti Weaver's Facebook page. These are photos of the event. On the right hand side, you can see Kennedy in the red and Treacy in the blue sweater. I'm there on the other side of the table.

They were civil and seemed to enjoy each other's company.

All I can tell you is that once again, Abdul is relying on sources that want to divide the Marion County Democratic Party...or, more nefariously, he's maybe doing it on his own. It's no secret that Abdul's relationship with Kennedy and with Treacy is not the best.

9 comments:

IndyDem said...

I was at the same table and I can tell you the relationship between Ed and Melina is as strong as it ever was. Ed is, as I'm sure Melina is aware, committed to seein our slate on to victory in November.
I'm thrilled to have to opportunity to work with such talented and professional leaders.

Anonymous said...

I have seen a presentation of the coordinated plans for the primary which is strongly supported by both Treacy and Kennedy. Let's see. Earlier Abdul claimed he was feuding with Andre Carson which was not true. Now he claims he is feuding with Kennedy which is not true. Perhaps we need a pool to guess who Abdul claims Treacy is feuding with next. Believe me when I say that the Dem party is united, energized and ready to go. If Abdul wants to see some real feuding then he needs to look no further than the mayor's campaign.

Anonymous said...

I think the lady on the left is actually Martha Page, but Judy was in attendance the entire time. Also, I still think that we are better off ignoring Abdul than engaging him. If he was an office-holder my opinion would be different, but we all know that will never happen.

Jon E. Easter said...

Thanks for the correction. I have fixed the post Anon 10:50 p.m.

Anonymous said...

Let me second the impulse to ignore Abdul. He is the kind of narcistic bird that likes it whether you are agreeing with him or attacking him. For him, the greatest injury is to be ignored, and he is deserving of that injury.

Abdul said...

Ignoring your problems doesn't make them go away, it just makes them worse; some food for thought. :-)

Anonymous said...

My sources within the community have informed me that the hardest working man in Indianapolis Abdul Hakim-Shabazz will soon be wearing another hat. Besides being a radio personality, adjunct college professor, standup comedian and arms dealer, Abdul soon will become a dealer of Avon products. Personally I feel Abdul is truly going to shine in this new endeavor, sales of Avon products will reach a level not seen since the 1950’s, when Avon sales representatives ranks where dominated by neighborhood gadabouts.

Anonymous said...

Abdul does a good job of writing fiction. It must be horrible having no creditability.

Abdul said...

No credibility, no problem. I'll be sure to cite that in my next radio, television, newspaper and internet blog appearances and publications, which should all occur very soon.