Monday, April 18, 2011

Democrats, Friends Mourn Loss of Judy Goldblatt


Let me preface this by saying that I'm not sure I ever had a conversation with Judy Goldblatt, but, after seeing her face in pictures (like the one above courtesy of Wilson Allen), I now know who she was and how many times I've been in her presence in the last few years.

Goldblatt was killed in what appears to be a horrible accident. Her rental car went into the path of a train in Palto Alto, California, in heavy traffic. The San Francisco Chronicle has the story here. Miraculously, her husband, Lawrence, managed to escape, but Judy is gone.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of Judy's friends and family in this tough time. I never had a conversation with her of any note, but, from all people are saying about her, I wish I had.

No comments: