Monday, March 28, 2011

Dems Race Heating Up for Governor


Well, it appears that the Democrats must have been reading the press lately about no one getting into the race for the Democratic nomination for Governor.

Congressman Joe Donnelly is headlining the Hamilton County Jefferson-Jackson Dinner tonight. While it's a straight shot down U.S. 31 from the 2nd Congressional District, it's a long way from home for a humble Congressman.

A "Draft Vi Simpson" Facebook page has popped up and has quickly gathered over 175 likes. The Indiana Senate Minority Leader has toyed with runs for Governor before, and she seems to be thinking about it again.

Former Indiana House Speaker John Gregg's website now has several people that have signed the petition there, and I hear that he's really kicking into high gear in his decision process about running for Governor. He will visit the Decatur Township Democratic Club in May.

The only potential candidate that seems to be stuck in neutral is Roy Dominguez. There has not been much movement out of the former Lake County Sheriff. I suppose we will see in the coming months what his plan might be. Dominguez did a lot of work last year, but he backed way off when it was thought that Evan Bayh might jump in the race.

Who will officially announce first? If I were in Vegas, I'd throw some cash on Gregg, but we shall see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I love your blog, Mr. Easter. Never met you, but you are a great writer and a great Democrat. Keep up the great work.

I'm glad to see everyone so excited about John Gregg...I never thought we could win the Governor's race until I started reading about him considering a run!!

I seriously hope he decides to jump in the race. Our party, and our state could use a leader like Mr. Gregg in office!

Anonymous said...

It's gotta be John Gregg! Republicans will be dancing in the streets if we make a joke of it again.