Sunday, January 16, 2011

YouTubers Sing Tribute to Victims of 1/8/11


As I was driving home today, I heard conservative radio host and Fox News contributor Monica Crowley arguing that the tragedy in Tucson last weekend didn't rise to the level of 9/11, the Challenger Disaster, the Oklahoma City Bombing, and other tragedies along that level. My answer to her is that why should we be debating this? Should we be talking about how this tragedy isn't as bad as others?

That would have been enough, but Crowley then tried to turn it into a political argument saying, essentially, that no matter how good Barack Obama's speech was at the memorial service for the victims that it wouldn't redefine his presidency because the stature of the tragedy didn't rise to the level of a 9/11.

To me, it kind of turned my stomach and signified that folks like Crowley aren't really getting the point of what the President and others have been saying.

So, I was in that state of mind...pissed off...when I logged in to my YouTube account and I found this beautiful tribute to the victims of the attack. It's truly beautiful, and I think it totally proves everything that Crowley said wrong. This tragedy may or may not have risen to the level of a 9/11, but, for some, it did. For the victims, it did. For their families, it did.

No comments: