Friday, January 7, 2011

Breaking News: Evans Suspends Campaign; Endorses Melina Kennedy


Jose Evans has decided to end his campaign for Mayor. Congratulations to him on running a credible campaign and his willingness to be involved in the process. Evans has endorsed Melina Kennedy.

Former City-County Councillor Ron Gibson remains with a toe in the race though he has done no real campaigning for the job that I have seen. The field is clear for Kennedy now with Gibson providing little threat.

Here is the release from Evans:
Today, I announce my support for Melina Kennedy’s campaign for mayor. This decision was reached after talking with my family, my pastor, my supporters and friends. Time and time again, during those discussions, I asked, “How can I best serve the people of Indianapolis?”

Today, we have decided that the best thing for me to do is to continue to serve the people of District 1 as a City-County Councillor. Together, we have accomplished a lot. We’ve worked with businesses to expand job opportunities and to reasonably develop projects. We’ve been supportive of our public and private schools as we prepare our young people for the future. We’ve done more with less and kept taxes down. And most importantly, we’ve listened. Listening has resulted in removing environmental polluters from our community, making our streets safer and understanding the need for change in the direction of our city government.

Melina Kennedy offers a chance to change the tone and direction of city government. She will combine the attributes of hard work, common sense, experience and passion for serving people that will benefit all of us. I enthusiastically support her campaign and her goal of making Indianapolis a better place to live, work and raise a family.

No comments: