Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ballard Postpones State of the City Address

Just a few minutes ago, I received an e-mail stating Mayor Greg Ballard has postponed his State of the City address.

The e-mail from the West/Southwest Outer Region Neighborhood Liaison, Suzanne Rothenberg states:

Mayor Postpones 2011 State of the City Address
In light of this weekend’s shooting of IMPD Officer David Moore, Mayor Greg Ballard is postponing the State of the City Address. We look forward to having you join Mayor Ballard at a later date which will be announced in a few weeks.

Statement from Mayor Greg Ballard:

“I believe in the power of prayer and I would ask the people of this city to use the time that I was going to speak tomorrow night to pray, attend blood drives or volunteer in support of Officer David Moore, his family and his extended IMPD family.”

2 comments:

Wilson46201 said...

a few weeks? why on earth are they postponing it so long? what's really afoot ?

Jon E. Easter said...

In light of the announcement from Chief Ciesielski a few hours after Ballard decided to postpone the speech, I think we received his answer. I think it's related to Officer Moore's condition and prognosis.