Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Very Reasonable View on Wikileaks


I love video blogging. I even dabbled in it myself for a while before, well, I kind of got sidetracked. Anyway, Dan Brown is a video blogger that I have featured on this blog before, and he currently is doing a big project called Dan 3.0 where he has given some measure of control of his life over to his YouTube subscribers.

Anyway, this video below harkens back to his previous video blogging (that's why he calls it Dan 2.0) and tackles the topic of Wikileaks. I think he gives a very reasoned response and a good description of what Wikileaks is.

However you feel about Wikileaks and Julian Assange, if you believe in whistleblowing and media freedom, you have to at least some level recognize the right of Wikileaks to do what they are doing. I guess I kind of find myself in the boat here with Dan Brown and Ron Paul on this one.

Personally, I found this round of Wikileaks leaks rather uninspiring, and I think Julian Assange is a punk. Some military man is going to jail because we now know that Vladimir Putin mails it in and works from home a lot. I mean, it was mostly just high school gossip about other countries. Whoop dee doo. That should have been our government's reaction to this. Instead, they go overboard and give Assange more publicity than perhaps he needed. Anyway, to Dan Brown...

No comments: