Friday, December 3, 2010

Political Stunt Rokita To Sleep in Office


Indiana Secretary of State and soon-to-be Congressman Todd Rokita announced that he will be abandoning his search for an apartment in the Washington, D.C. area. He says that he will instead sleep in his office and commute back and forth between his Northwestside Indianapolis home and the nation’s capital.

Rokita also went out of his way to say that this was not some sort of political stunt.

That means that this is some sort of political stunt. If it's not, why even draw attention to it?

Forgive me for not taking Rokita at his word. This is the same man that used millions of taxpayer dollars to tag his name on a bunch of “public service announcements” for everything from voter education to securities. So, excuse me for not taking him at his word about political stunts.

Enjoy the couch, Todd.

1 comment:

Wilson46201 said...

Congressman Andy Jacobs was famous for living in his office. He did it for several years.

I worked for Congresslady Julia Carson and had to travel at times to D.C. to work on her computers. I'd heard of Andy's feat so as to save on motel expenses I figured I'd crash in the office. Very uncomfortable! That couch wasn't comfortable one bit! I persevered and did it several other times but I do not recommend it at all...