Thursday, November 11, 2010

Honoring Our Veterans


Today is the day that we celebrate all those brave men and women who have given so much so that we can continue to live as free Americans. To all veterans, thank you for all you have done, and, to your fallen colleagues, I salute your sacrifices.

Thank you for fighting to allow me to write this blog and express my opinions as a free citizen of the United States. Thank a veteran today!

Below is an upbeat tribute video to our troops as Gene Simmons from KISS performs the theme songs of the various branches of service.



And, below, is a more solemn tribute. I have used this song often because I think it expresses so well the way our troops sometimes drop everything in their lives to rush into battle and serve their country. To all my friends, former students, and blog readers who have served, this one's for you.

No comments: