Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just One Reason Why I Still Support Barack Obama


President Barack Obama recorded this video as part of the "It Gets Better Project". It was released on the White House's You Tube channel on Thursday. As I watched this, I wondered to myself, would George W. Bush do this? Would any previous President?

Obama takes a lot of heat on both sides of the aisle for being too liberal or not being liberal enough. Yet, it's these moments and messages that make me very proud that I voted for him. Yes, I'm still proud of my vote, and I credit President Obama for this awesome message to young people in the wake of the recent suicides of LGBT youths across the country.

He's right. It does get better!

1 comment:

Gabe said...

I applaud the sentiment and symbolism behind the video, but I have to say I agree 100% with what Dan Savage said on CNN. The president also has the power to *make it better* and he's not. He's just not.