Thursday, October 7, 2010

Curry Releases Platform, Web Video


It's a close race for Marion County Prosecutor. Terry Curry is slugging it out with Mark Massa to become Marion County's Prosecuting Attorney.

Yesterday, Curry announced his comprehensive campaign platform, and, from what I've read, it looks very strong. It's specific and gives a voter a pretty clear idea of what a Curry Administration will look and feel like.

I'm sure this comes to no surprise to any of you, but I happen to believe Terry's the man for the job, and I wholeheartedly support him. His campaign has hit the ground and has been working the neighborhoods going door-to-door and meeting voters. That is the way to win elections, yes. But, it's also important to put your name in the papers and on the television sets. In this way, I just hope that this late flurry by Curry isn't too late.

Massa has had at least three television commercials hitting the air. They have been slick and well-produced. Maybe they are running at times I haven't been watching television, but I truly haven't seen a whole lot of them until today. It was the ad where Governor Daniels is shilling for Massa. Daniels clearly wants Massa to win this race so that a Curry-led Prosecutor's Office can't investigate state government.

Voters are voting now, and Curry's campaign told me today that there is an aggressive paid media campaign on the way. We all know that Mayor Greg Ballard didn't get on television until the last two weeks of the campaign in 2007, and he won. That was a weird year. I'm not sure I agree with waiting this long to run ads, but I don't have the experience of running a campaign like his campaign. My record is only 1-2 as a campaign manager (and my other candidate quit early to go to law school), so take my advice for what it's worth.

I'm anxiously awaiting the first Curry for Prosecutor TV ad! For now, here's Terry's web video. It introduces you to Curry and takes you into some issues he feels are important. Good stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This video is worse than Fishburns.You guys need some help.Curry comes off like a dork

Anonymous said...

It can't be a slugfest when only one side is slugging. I see no Curry tv spots and few of his yards sides. In the meantime, his opponent's large yard signs are everywhere and the has good tv spots. Someone is asleep in the Curry campaign office. At this point, we are going to have another 4 years of a GOP prosecutor. If Curry won't fight for the job, would he fight for us on the job.

Louis said...

I enjoyed Massa's commercial, which didn't have a picture of him I don't believe, and only had the governor talking about how Massa led the way for ethics reforms in the state government (whoops, that's been a failure under Daniels!), and he knows he will do the same for Indianapolis (or some bull like that). Seemed a touch funny Daniels was talking about ethics with the whole utilities ethics/Duke Energy debacle and his BMV Commissioner in trouble in a two-day span.

It has not been a good week for the governor; no matter what anyone says, Daniels firing his utilities commission chairman is really the first time he has actually got involved with an ethical problem in his administration, and I can guarantee there is more to that story coming up in the next few months.

I hope Curry wins so Mitch does not have yet another puppet in place to do as the Gov pleases.

guy77money said...

I would love to see the Marion County Prosecutor go after white collar criminals. As for his promise to go after the crooked politicians and government corruption that's ok with me as long as he doesn't show any favoritism towards either party.