Sunday, June 20, 2010

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY


By Jon E. Easter
Founder

It's Father's Day in America, and, for the second year, it remains a bittersweet day for me. On this day, I remember my father and all the good times I had with him, but I cannot celebrate it with him. My dad passed on February 20, 2009. I still miss him every day, and I think about him all the time. He still visits me in dreams, and I can still hear his voice in my head.

Enough about me. I found this video on YouTube, and I thought it was just excellent.



I also found this video from NBC News a couple of years ago on Father's Day as Tim Russert explains what it's like to be a dad. His two books on fatherhood are amazing. I'm sure that his sentiments describe those of many dads. Thanks Tim.



Most of all...if you are still lucky to have your father and if you're lucky enough to have him in your life, give him a call and tell him you love him. I now know that you can't replace them when they're gone.

Finally, I want to thank my dad for the love, encouragement, and sacrifice. There was not one minute of my life that I did not feel loved by my dad.

No comments: