Tuesday, June 22, 2010

City, State Floods; Mayor/Governor Silent


By Jon E. Easter
Founder

First of all, my thoughts are with the families and individuals effected adversely by today's flooding. It looks like it may get worse before it gets better.

With that said, why was THIS allowed to happen, and who in Governor Daniels' or Mayor Ballard's administration needs to answer the question? This is an interstate highway and a state road intersection.



Seems to me that after somebody upstairs left the faucet on that somebody should have closed this intersection at some level more quickly than this.

Furthermore, where on the City of Indianapolis website can I go for information about flooding in my neighborhood? Where is a statement from my Mayor? Where is my Mayor? No command center news conference was held this morning despite the fact that major areas of the city were without power and flooded out. Look at this article from the Star. See any comment from anybody at the Mayor's Office?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I can't get to the Classy Chassy!

Marycatherine Barton said...

U share your outrage about the lack of response from either the mayor or the governor to the terrible problems with flooding we now have, Jon. Thanks you for your concern!!!