Thursday, May 6, 2010

Correction to a Tuesday Posting on the Marion County Sheriff's Race


In my Primary Races to Watch II post from Tuesday, I said that Mark Brown claimed to have significant support from the African American community. This was incorrect. Mark Brown never directly claimed to have significant support in the African-American community as I had initially posted. That was a sentiment many not associated with Mark Brown had expressed to me. I apologize to Mark for my sloppiness in attributing that to him when it should have been attributed to others. I regret the error. As my loyal readers know, I try to get it right. Sometimes though, I don't, and I fall short. I apologize again to Mark Brown or to anyone that might have been misled by my comments. Mark is a great man, a great public servant and a great police officer. Again, my apologies.

I have altered the original post removing the incorrect verbiage and have pasted part of this statement above to follow that particular piece of the post.

1 comment:

iPOPA said...

I agree wholeheartedly. I hope Mark Brown stays involved in politics because I believe he has a lot to offer. Now wasn't his time, but that doesn't mean he won't have one.