Saturday, March 20, 2010

Jackson Leaves District 22 Council Race


The race for City-County Council District 22 seat just flew wide open as the Democrat running for the slot, Christopher Jackson, has pulled out of the race. Jackson announced his move today in a letter to supporters on his website. Here is the release:

Loyal Friends,

First, I would like to thank all of the supporters, many of whom have worked tirelessly during the past year to support my candidacy for the Indianapolis City-County Council, District 22. Without all of your support, I would have never made it this far into the race.

Today, I am announcing my withdrawal from the race for City-County Council. I am withdrawing in order to pursue my legal education from the Michigan State University College of Law. I feel that MSU Law is the best fit for me and will provide me with the best education possible. After graduating from MSU Law, I intend on returning to Indianapolis to practice law and to continue my activism in the Indianapolis community. While at MSU Law, I plan to remain active in College Democrats and Indiana Young Democrats and will continue to support Democratic elected officials and aspiring candidates in Indianapolis. Again, I appreciate all the support that you have proved me with during the past few months. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Christopher Jackson


Chris is one of my best friends, and, while I'm sorry to see him leave the race, I am truly excited for him as he begins this new chapter in his educational quest. Plus, I doubt if this is the last time we'll have a chance to elect Chris to office. After all, Congressman Carson's nickname for Chris is "The Governor."

Best of luck to you buddy!

*Full Disclosure: I was Chris' campaign manager...

No comments: