Friday, February 12, 2010

Get Well Soon President Clinton


President Bill Clinton apparently had a routine procedure to open up blockages in his heart yesterday. Clinton famously had open heart surgery in 2004 right in the middle of the George W. Bush vs. John Kerry Presidential Election. Recently, Clinton has been traveling to and from Haiti helping in the relief effort and trying to help raise money with Bush via the Clinton Bush Fund to help the devastated country.

I wish President Clinton the best as he recovers from this procedure. Experts say that he can resume his normal activity very soon, and it looks like he made the right decision to get things checked out.

Too often, we men do not respond to what our bodies are telling us. I can attest to this. A few years back, I had a cyst in a rather sensitive area of my body that I let go and grow and get bigger. Eventually, I found myself in the OR after the thing ruptured. Needless to say, if I had gotten things taken care of early on, I might have avoided surgery.

This isn't about me, though. This is about the 42nd President. Again, I wish President Clinton well, and I send my best wishes for a speedy recovery to him. Heart trouble is nothing to take lightly. It's the only engine we have, and, unless you end up getting a new ticker, it's the only one you will get.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why is this about the 43rd president? what does george w bush have to do with it?

Jon E. Easter said...

Good catch. The correction has been made.