Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A New Republican Plea: Send Us Your Candidates



Kudos to Wilson Allen for sending me this graphic posted above.

Jokes aside, I've heard now that Mark Massa is indeed the lead prosecutorial candidate for slating on the Republican side. A source familiar with the Marion County GOP tells me that likely three to five other Republicans may vie for slating as well. My source did not include names.

In other news, the Indiana Democratic African American Caucus Indianapolis Chapter newsletter highlighted an upcoming fundraiser for Greg Bowes hosted by a handful of Democrats on Feb. 3 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at 1512 N. Delaware. Price of admission ranges from $25 to $100. Bowes was a distant third in the fundraising battle amongst candidates grappling for the Democratic Party nomination. Bowes raised over $7,000 last year for the run at Prosecutor while David Orentlicher and Terry Curry both raised north of $100K.

Curry is planning a fundraiser the same night as Bowes' event at the Broad Ripple Tavern, 745 Broad Ripple Ave. from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. Curry's fundraiser carries a hefty upper level price tag of $300, but the smallest donation level is $30. Nothing recently from Orentlicher on the fundraising front.

Big advantage to the Democrats in the Prosecutorial Pile-up.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg Bowes: The candidate nobody asked for.

Terry Burns said...

Jon,

Why are you promoting a fundraiser for a candidate who has said in no uncertain terms that he is going to run against the slate?

Jon E. Easter said...

The views expressed on this blog are the views of the individual contributor and are not necessarily the views of any Democratic organization or club.

Terry, I believe my intention here is to cover the entire race. If you think I'm "promoting" Bowes, then, I'm sorry. Maybe you should read my previous blogging on the subject.

http://indydemocrat.blogspot.com/2009/11/prosecutorial-pile-up-bowes-to-detour.html

http://indydemocrat.blogspot.com/2009/11/prosecutorial-pile-up-bowes-to-detour_18.html

Jon E. Easter said...

This blog is not the official blog of the Marion County Democratic Party. I thought I have made this clear in the past.

Jon E. Easter said...

Just in case there is any confusion, I have added to the disclaimer that the blog is not affiliated with the Marion County Democratic Party or the Indiana Democratic Party.

Anonymous said...

A better question might be why IDAAC is taking sides in a Dem primary instead of preparing to defeat the Republicans in November.

Jon E. Easter said...

Thank you anon 10:33 p.m. for pointing this out. Curry's fundraiser was not listed in IDAAC's newsletter. I don't know if it was intentional or not, to be fair...so I didn't include it in my blog post. Perhaps I should have.

Anonymous said...

You are awfully defensive here Jon. just say you goofed and move on.

Marycatherine Barton said...

The games of machine politicians, whether D or R, are so distasteful, so brutal.