Thursday, December 31, 2009
Politico Lists Top 10 Weirdest Political Moments of 2009
Politico writer Alexander Burns compiled the top ten weirdest political moments of 2009. If you wish to see the article, find it here. What do you think? The article doesn't list numbers, but I'll go in reverse order from the article for fun.
10. Conservative Congressional candidate Doug Hoffman says ACORN stole the 2008 Presidential Election
9. The Battle for the soul of the GOP between Chairman Michael Steele and talk show host Rush Limbaugh (who was hospitalized for chest pains in Hawai'i. Best wishes to El Rushbo).
8. Al Sharpton, Michael Bloomberg, and Newt Gingrich team up for education reform.
7. Tom DeLay on ABC's Dancing With the Stars
6. South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford's extracurricular affairs
5. The White House Beer Summit
4. Disgraced and former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich's wife Patti goes on reality TV.
3. Sheila Jackson-Lee invokes the U.S. Constitution at Michael Jackson's funeral.
2. Sarah Palin abruptly resigns as Governor of Alaska.
1. Oathgate...Chief Justice John Roberts flubs the Presidential Oath of Office, and Obama follows suit forcing him to, just-in-case, take the oath again later.
All written content copyright of Jon E. Easter or the individual guest poster.
Reader comments are moderated.
The views expressed on this blog are the views of the individual contributor and are not necessarily the views of any Democratic organization, school district, or neighborhood association.
This blog is not affiliated with the Democratic National Committee, the Indiana Democratic Party, or the Marion County Democratic Party.