Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Personal Prerogative: Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


Today, I start a short holiday hiatus here. Unless something particularly interesting sparks some creativity, I'm not planning on posting anything for at least December 23, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.

So, please have a safe, happy, and healthy time with family and friends. Whether you celebrate Christmas or some other holiday, this is a great time to come together in the spirit of love and togetherness. There is no better celebration of any holiday period than family and friends.

I thank you all for helping me get through this first Christmas with out my father. You have helped me through this with your simple encouragement by reading my sometimes incoherent ramblings I post here. Thanks for everything you have done to support this blog. I am averaging over 240 hits per day here, and that blows my mind. Those certainly aren't huge numbers compared to some other blogs, but it is humbling to think that many folks care about what I write. All of these blogs have a personality and a purpose. I am humbled that you spend a little bit of time here each day or week or month. I truly appreciate looking ahead towards a great future on the horizon.

Again, Merry Christmas to you all and all of yours! This song is a little melancholy, but I think it describes what many feel this holiday season. The love we have for those that are here and maybe a little longing for those who are not here. Thanks again for all you do! Enjoy your family this holiday season.

2 comments:

Abdul said...

Jon,

Merry Christmas! I think you're wrong on almost everything, but it takes a lot of voices to make the chorus work! :-) Have a good holiday!

bathmate said...

Good posting. I like it. It's pretty much impressive.
Bathmate