Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tragedy Hits Ft. Hood


By now, I'm sure many have heard the sad news from Ft. Hood where an army major opened fire earlier today and shot several people before being captured. Soldiers and civilians were among the victims killed and many more were wounded.

Tonight, as I watch the breaking news coverage, I want to send my thoughts and condolences out to the families of those that were lost today, and I pray that those injured will be able to completely recover. This is such a tragedy to befall our fighting men and women as well as the entire Ft. Hood and Killeen community. It's an awful story.

Congressman André Carson released a statement earlier today:
"My thoughts and prayers go out to the Fort Hood community, which endured such a terrible tragedy today. Today's senseless act of violence is heart-wrenching. We must do everything possible to protect our brave men and women in uniform--both abroad and on the homefront."

And from President Obama:

No comments: